The Thai Festival Perth is a biennial event held by the Thai Festival Perth Inc and supported by The Royal Thailand Embassy - Canberra. The festival is an exciting event that caters to members of the local, statewide and international Thai community. In 2007, the one-day event attracted approximately 10,000 people. The festival was divided into various areas of interests that include live stage performances, Thai cuisine, product fair, Thai cultural exhibition, kids & entertainment corner and a beer garden. According to Perth MLA John Hyde, Northbridge traders reported an increase of business when the 2007 Thai Festival was held in the area and thanks to the support from the City of Perth the event was a great success.
Date: 20 September 2009 (Sunday)
Image via Wikipedia
Time: 9am to 4pm.
Venue: Russell Square, Northbridge Google Map
The Thai Festival Perth 2009 aims to:
• Promote the Thai culture, food and lifestyle.
• Build a stronger relationship between the Thai community and the non-Thai community in Perth.
• Promote a diverse and multicultural environment in Perth.
• Promote Thai Tourism.
Image via Wikipedia
• Enhance the profile of the Thai community in Perth.
• Build a stronger relationship between the Thailand and Australian government.
• Thai community living in Perth of all ages.
• Local non-Thai community of all ages.
• Media – Newspaper, Magazines, Radio, TV
• Government Officials
AREAS OF INTEREST
1. Main Stage Entertainment The main stage will feature various Thai cultural performances and band performances and the patrons will be able to witness the Official Opening Ceremony officiated by His Excellency Mr. Bandhit Sotipalalit, Ambassador of The Royal Thailand Embassy, Canberra.
2. Thai Cuisine Fair There will be approximately 30 food stalls on this section promoting an
Image via Wikipediaarray of Thai Cuisine and demonstration.
3. Thai Products and Tourism Fair This section will promote the different Thai products that are available in WA and holiday packages to Thailand.
4. Beer Garden (Licensed Area) The licensed area will be located next to the main stage entertainment area for patrons to enjoy famous Thai manufactured beer and enjoy the entertainment on stage.
5. Fun Corner This area will feature some traditional Thai games that the kids can participate in along with a few competitions and bouncy castle.
6. VIP Section The VIP section will be set up in a banquet style for the VIPs and Guest of Honour to enjoy their Thai inspired lunch right after the official opening ceremony.
Events Coordinator Ms. Michelle Mok Rietveld M: 0423 012 193 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairperson Mr. Chetseni Dhanarajata T: 9265 8200 E: email@example.com
Deputy Chairperson Ms. Saowarak Srisukkho T: 9367 9698 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary Mr. Greg Dick T: 0428 969 811 E: email@example.com
Treasurer Mr. Akapol Srisangfa T: 0412 727 770 firstname.lastname@example.org
Thai Food Cuisine Coordinator Somchai Siriburana M: 0411 407 643 email@example.com
VENDORS AND PRODUCT SERVICES ...... STALLS AVAILABLE .. BE QUICK!!!
APPLICATION FORMS - click here
AUSWATHAI SEEKS ROAMING REPORTERS ..
Send us your Pictures of the day, together with names of people in the photos and a
short story to be included in a Publication